Dan Kohn, Executive Director of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, joined the show to talk about what it means to be Cloud Native, the ins and outs of Dan’s role to the foundation, how they make money to sustain things, membership, the support they give to open source projects, the home they’ve given to Kubernetes, Prometheus and many other projects that have become the de facto projects to build cloud native applications on.
CircleCI is a continuous integration and delivery platform that helps software teams rapidly release code with confidence by automating the build, test, and deploy process. Checkout the recently launched CircleCI 2.0!
Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
Take GitLab’s 2018 Global Developer Survey. The survey takes around 15 minutes on average to complete. Topics include developer satisfaction, open source technology, workflow & collaboration, CI/CD practices, and developer tools preferences.
Hire the top 3% of freelance software developers, designers, and finance experts. Email
email@example.com a personal introduction.
- Dan Kohn – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
We’ll be at the upcoming KubeCon + CloudNativeCon so if you’re going to be there make sure you’re on the lookout for a Changelog tee and say hi.
- The Future of RethinkDB (on Hacker News) with commentary from Dan
- The Linux Foundation
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation – Hosted Projects
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation – Membership
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation – Members
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation – End Users
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation (“CNCF”) Charter
- Certified Kubernetes Conformance Program
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
- Kubernetes Training
- edX – Introduction to Kubernetes
- The Changelog #215: Best Practices Badge from Core Infrastructure Initiative with David A. Wheeler
- The Changelog #250: The Backstory of Kubernetes with Tim Hockin and Aparna Sinha
- Replacing x86 firmware with Linux and Go – shared on Hacker News by dankohn1