As we said goodbye to Dan Kohn, a titan of the open source community with a brilliant mind and gentle soul, we were reminded that at the heart of the open source movement is diversity-powered resilience.
Together we are stronger, faster, better, and more innovative than alone and apart. Diversity makes us more resilient to weather any challenge — even the loss of a great leader. The web of all of us is inclusive, connected, and stronger because of it. It delivers innovation that matters, innovation that makes end users more efficient and that ultimately adds value for every single person.
As our second-ever virtual event, we had record-breaking registration and attendance and are excited to share the KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2020 – Virtual conference transparency report.
- The conference had 22,816+ registrants with a 70% attendance rate
- 67% were first-time KubeCon + CloudNativeCon attendees
- Attendees came from 137 countries across six continents.
- The event received 856 submissions with an acceptance rate of 15% which resulted in 345 total speakers for the event
- The four-day conference offered 213 sessions
- 31% of speakers and 39% of keynote speakers came from an end user company
- 48% of keynote speakers identified as men and 52% as women or gender non-conforming.
- For track sessions, 84% of speakers identified as men and 16% as women or gender non-conforming.
- In addition to selected talks and keynotes, the conference included 67 maintainer sessions.
- Thirty-three percent of attendees participated in one or more of the office hours in the Project Pavilion.
- 152 media and analyst attended the event
- The event generated more than 1,877 articles, blog posts, and press releases
Save the Dates for 2021!
After a totally virtual 2020, we’re looking forward to a hybrid event later in 2021 so hope to see you are one of the upcoming KubeCon + CloudNativeCon events!
We’ll be online again for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe from May 4 – 7, and then both online and in Los Angeles for our North American event from October 12 – 15, 2021.
We hope to see you at one of or both of these upcoming events!