We believe providing public, self-service, and automated access to Cloud Infrastructure is crucial for every project to incubate, grow, and succeed.
That’s why CNCF has created the Cloud Credits program, focussed on the mutual success of projects and participating companies. To date, supporters like Google, AWS, Equinix, and GitHub have donated cloud credits to showcase direct support of our incubating and graduated projects. In fact, many organizations sponsor CNCF projects for their business to succeed.
Organizations can get started sponsoring cloud credits today.
Are you a Project Maintainer looking to utilize donated cloud native credits?
Advance the ecosystem
Join the Cloud Native Credits program and benefit in the following ways:
- Highlight your company participation in the ecosystem
- Help shape the future of cloud native
- Establish your company as a thought leader in the space
- Collaborate with various companies and organizations – improving open source technologies
Cloud credit levels + benefits
- Coordinated CNCF press release
- Appropriate placement on the CNCF website
- Everything included in Supporter benefits, plus:
- Featured on the project website that you are directly contributing to
- Bonus online program slot (live webinar, live stream, or on-demand webinar - your choice) to highlight your participation in the program
- For Certified Kubernetes Providers, CNCF will run conformance tests for your platform and submit the results for certification
- Everything included in Advocate benefits, plus:
- Top placement on the CNCF website with an explanation of the offering
- CNCF marketing campaign to drive awareness towards the donation
- Coordinated press release and media outreach
- Social media shout out to thank your company for their contribution
- Mention in Priyanka’s keynote at the next KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
- Mention in KubeWeekly and correlating quarterly CNCF newsletter
- CNCF will set up resource pooling and CI capacity for self-service of your offering
How it works
Decide how to donate
Cloud credits can be donated via cash or credit:
- Credit, for products a sponsor usually sells as a service to the public
- Cash, to be earmarked for paying for services when we run out of donated credits
Determine the technical points of contact
Projects often need help utilizing credits. We ask that you provide a technical support resource with a defined SLA.
Projects benefit from your donation
After getting set up with CNCF, projects can access these credits via a curated self-service portal, managed by CNCF.
Your CNCF Cloud Credits team is here to help:
Priyanka is CNCF’s General Manager.
Ihor focuses on Kubernetes-related efforts in the open source community.
Hippie’s New Zealand based ii.nz team supports our cloud native community by kickstarting CNCF strategic initiatives including cross-cloud cncf.ci, APISnoop.cncf.io, the K8s and Envoy Conformance Programs, and most recently the Cloud Native…