- defining and maintaining the technical vision for CNCF
- approving new projects
- creating a conceptual architecture for the projects,
- removing or archiving projects
- accepting feedback from the end user community and mapping to projects
- defining common practices to be implemented across CNCF projects, if any
The TOC is the technical backbone of the CNCF community, and that’s why we have decided to turn it up to 11. Starting in January 2020, The TOC will expand from 9 members to 11, adding a second end user position and one selected by the project maintainers.
The TOC will consist of:
- 6 by the Governing Board (GB)
- 2 by the End User Community (rather than 1)
- 1 by the non-sandbox project maintainers (rather than 0)
- 2 by the other 9 members of the TOC
In addition to the two new members, the governing board has also approved revisions to the current charter, which help to clarify the rules around nomination, qualification, and election.
The next TOC Elections will take place in December, with 3 GB-appointed TOC members up for election. The new end user-appointed member and a maintainer-appointed member will also be elected at this time. All TOC terms will still be 2 years.
The TOC is made up of representatives with impressive technical knowledge and backgrounds who provide technical leadership to the cloud native community. For additional information, please review: the TOC election process, TOC principles, and TOC representatives.