All Community Posts

The Italian translation of the TAG Security White Paper v2 is ready!
Community Post The Italian translation of the TAG Security White Paper v2 is ready!
Community post by Annalisa Gennaro, SparkFabrik What is TAG Security The CNCF Security Technical Advisory Group (TAG-Security)  facilitates collaboration to discover and produce resources that enable secure access, policy control, and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users...
June 19, 2023

A comprehensive report on my first in-person attendance at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2023 Europe
Community Post A comprehensive report on my first in-person attendance at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2023 Europe
Guest post originally published on LinkedIn by Maryam Tavakkoli, Senior Cloud Engineer at RELEX Solutions Background: My journey with Kubernetes I am originally from Iran. I moved to Finland in 2017 to pursue my master’s studies in a...
June 9, 2023 | By Maryam Tavakkoli

Introducing Kubernetes Community Days Australia!
Community Post Introducing Kubernetes Community Days Australia!
Community post originally published on Medium by Brad McCoy Kubernetes Community Day (KCD) Australia 2023 is a community-organized tech conference that gathers adopters and technologists from open-source and cloud-native communities for the purpose of education, collaboration, and networking....
June 8, 2023

Environmental sustainability at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2023
Community Post Environmental sustainability at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2023
Guest post originally published on TAG Environmental Sustainability’s blog by Leonard Pahlke, Kristina Devochko, and Niki Manoledaki KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2023 was the biggest open source conference in Europe to date with 10000+ in-person and 5000+ virtual...
June 8, 2023 | By Leonard Pahlke, Kristina Devochko, and Niki Manoledaki

Cloud Native Glossary — the German Version is Live! 
Community Post Cloud Native Glossary — the German Version is Live! 
Community post from the German Cloud Native Glossary team: Noah Ispas, David Wagner, and Baris The Cloud Native Glossary is a project led by the CNCF Business Value Subcommittee. Its goal is to explain cloud native concepts in...
June 1, 2023

The cost of ignoring security champions: a cautionary tale for application security culture
Community Post The cost of ignoring security champions: a cautionary tale for application security culture
Community post by Rodrigo Maues Rocha, Tech Lead Consulting at Conviso Application Security Nowadays, where software development is more complex and dynamic than ever, ensuring application security is crucial. However, knowing where to begin can be challenging when...
May 31, 2023

Finding inspiration: Reflections on KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe trends and ideas for the next call for proposals
Community Post Finding inspiration: Reflections on KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe trends and ideas for the next call for proposals
Guest post by Amanda Katona, Director of Community Engagement, VMware If you watched KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2023 from the sidelines like me, then this post is for you!  Total read time: 5–10 minutes Watching KubeCon + CloudNativeCon...
May 19, 2023 | By Amanda Katona

Argo CD end user threat model: security considerations for hardening declarative GitOps CD on Kubernetes
Community Post Argo CD end user threat model: security considerations for hardening declarative GitOps CD on Kubernetes
Community post by Andres Vega from ControlPlane and Michael Crenshaw from Argo CD Argo CD provides deployment flexibility, which enables operators to configure it to varying situations. The new report by ControlPlane provides a comprehensive threat modeling analysis...
April 21, 2023 | By Andres Vega + Michael Crenshaw

New Kubernetes security audit complete and open sourced
Community Post New Kubernetes security audit complete and open sourced
By Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) and Rey Lejano In 2018, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) started performing and open sourcing third-party security audits with the goal of improving the overall security practices of our ecosystem. Since then, Argo,...
April 19, 2023

CNCF fuzzing open source projects for security and reliability
Community Post CNCF fuzzing open source projects for security and reliability
By Chris Aniszczyk, Adam Korczynski, David Korczynski Introduction In this blog post we will present an overview of the state of fuzzing CNCF projects. We published a blog post on this in June 2022 titled Improving Security by...
April 18, 2023