- This event has passed.
CNCF Webinar Series – Edge Computing: It’s not just a bunch of small clouds
September 18 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
You’re probably in a room with at least a dozen objects that are connected to the internet. And if you’re not, it won’t be long before you are. All that connectivity, and all of those devices, require a new way of thinking about cloud infrastructure, and that new way is called Edge Computing.
But creating effective edge computing infrastructure requires much more than just creating a bunch of small-footprint clouds and connecting them to a central core.
Join Mirantis Director of Engineering Satish Salagame on September 18, 2018, for an in-depth technical discussion of:
- What edge computing actually is and why it matters
- How edge enables 5G and why your phone might already be using it
- Why traditional enterprises may find themselves needing edge computing
- Which open source technologies are involved in making edge computing possible
- How Kubernetes fits into the Edge Cloud architecture
- Technological issues you must resolve in order to successfully implement edge computing
Director of Engineering, Mirantis
Satish Salagame is the Director of Engineering, Networking at Mirantis focused on OpenStack networking, Container networking, SDN and NFV solutions. Satish is a seasoned technology professional in the Networking industry with strong experience in Software Design/Development, Solutions integration, Network Architecture, Product Management, and Engineering Management. Prior professional associations include several startups, StrataCom, Cisco Systems, Calient Networks and Infinera among others.