With the challenges that have been brought on in the last year, and as we shift into new routines, cloud native has remained front and center of the digital transformation efforts keeping everyone connected. As CNCF GM Priyanka Sharma said in her KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe – Virtual keynote “It is my belief that because of this momentum in the world today, we in #teamCloudNative will usher in an era of technology that will create more intelligent, seamless experiences for the ultimate end users, human beings.”
The third virtual KubeCon + CloudNativeCon, this year’s Europe event once again set record-breaking registration and attendance. We are excited to share the transparency report for the event.
- The conference had 26,648+ registrants (a 42.5% increase from Europe 2020) and a 63% attendance rate
- 69% were first-time KubeCon + CloudNativeCon attendees
- Attendees came from 168 countries across six continents.
- The event received 624 submissions with an acceptance rate of 15% which resulted in 145 total speakers for the event.
- 29% of speakers and 10% of keynote speakerscame from an end user company
- For keynotes, 10% of speakers were from an end user company and 90% a vendor company.
- The four-day conference offered attendees 176 sessions
- Of the keynote speakers, 57% identified as men, and 43% as women or gender non-conforming.
- For track sessions, 83% of speakers identified as men, and 17% as women or gender non-conforming.
- CNCF offered 297 diversity scholarships and 514 need-based scholarships to attendees.
- 159 media and analyst attended the event
- The event generated more than 2,260 articles, blog posts, and press releases
Save the Dates!
After a virtual 2020, we’re looking forward to our upcoming hybrid event in Los Angeles! Come join us in-person and online for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America from October 12 – 15, 2021.
We will be back in Valencia, Spain for our European event from May 17 – 20, 2022.
We hope to see you at one of or both of these upcoming events!