We probably don’t need to tell you how in demand cloud skills are right now, and how big of a shortage there is of qualified professionals. Just read these articles from TechHQ, CRN, TechRepublic, or our own 2020 Open Source Jobs Report which found hiring managers are more influenced by knowledge of cloud technologies than any other skill. If you are looking for a career change or to advance in your current IT career, cloud is the best place to start, and now is the time.
To make it easier to get started, Linux Foundation Training & Certification is offering 40% off our cloud training plus certification bundles, and 50% off our cloud engineer bootcamps through May 18! These offerings provide the knowledge you need to be successful in an entry-level cloud position, and the industry-leading certifications to prove it.
Bundles, which include a training course and certification exam, are discounted by 40%:
Kubernetes Fundamentals (LFS258) + CKA Exam Bundle
This course will teach you how to use the container management platform used by companies like Google to manage their application infrastructure. It prepares you for the CKA exam, which demonstrates the ability to install, configure and manage production-grade Kubernetes clusters, in addition to your understanding of key concepts such as Kubernetes networking, storage, security, maintenance, logging and monitoring, application lifecycle, troubleshooting, API object primitives and the ability to establish basic use-cases for end users.
Kubernetes for Developers (LFD259) + CKAD Exam Bundle
This course will teach you how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster. It prepares you for the CKAD exam, which demonstrates the ability to design, build, configure and expose cloud native applications for Kubernetes, define application resources and use core primitives to build, monitor, and troubleshoot scalable applications and tools in Kubernetes.
Kubernetes Security Essentials (LFS260) + CKS Exam Bundle
This course exposes you to knowledge and skills needed to maintain security in dynamic, multi-project environments. It prepares you for the CKS exam, which demonstrates the requisite abilities to secure container-based applications and Kubernetes platforms during build, deployment and runtime, and is qualified to perform these tasks in a professional setting.
The above bundles are reduced from $499 to $299 with coupon code CLOUD21.
Bootcamps, which are self-paced programs presented in a structured format with a dedicated mentor and access to live online video office hours with instructors, are discounted 50%:
Cloud Engineer Bootcamp
This program will prepare an absolute beginner to learn the most in-demand cloud computing skills in as little as 6 months. Components of the bootcamp include:
- Essentials of Linux System Administration (LFS201) – This course will teach you how to administer, configure and upgrade Linux systems, which serve as the foundation of modern cloud infrastructures.
- Linux Networking and Administration (LFS211) – Learn how to design, deploy and maintain a network running under Linux, administer network services and securely configure the network interfaces.
- Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator Exam (LFCS) – Take some time to study and redo labs from the previous courses to improve your speed before taking your first certification exam. The performance-based LFCS certification will demonstrate your Linux skills to future employers.
- Containers Fundamentals (LFS253) – In our app-driven world, containers and microservices are the perfect home for an application. Containers bundle an application with all its dependencies and deploy it on the platform of our choice. This course will help you build a solid foundation on container technologies.
- DevOps and SRE Fundamentals (LFS261) – The DevOps movement is changing the way applications are built, tested, and deployed. This course will teach you the skills to deploy software with confidence, agility and high reliability using modern practices such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, which are essential to modern cloud administration.
- Kubernetes Fundamentals (LFS258) – This course will teach you how to use Kubernetes, the container management platform used by companies like Google to manage their application infrastructure. This includes learning how to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, from network configuration to upgrades to making deployments available via services.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator Exam (CKA) – Revisit the labs from LFS253 and LFS258 before sitting for your final exam of the bootcamp. Earning your CKA will demonstrate you have the skills, knowledge, and competency to perform the responsibilities of a Kubernetes administrator and cloud engineer.
Advanced Cloud Engineer Bootcamp
This program is designed for existing IT professionals who want to transition into a cloud administrator or engineer role. It assumes you already have basic knowledge of Linux, networking and related technologies. Components of this bootcamp include:
- Containers Fundamentals (LFS253) – In our app-driven world, containers and microservices are the perfect home for an application. This course will help you build a solid foundation for container technologies.
- Kubernetes Fundamentals (LFS258) – This course will teach you how to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, from network configuration to upgrades to making deployments available via services.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator Exam (CKA) – Earning your CKA will demonstrate you have the skills, knowledge, and competency to perform the responsibilities of a Kubernetes administrator and cloud engineer.
- Service Mesh Fundamentals (LFS243) – With the growth of microservices and Kubernetes, production environments need to have tools to monitor and manage network traffic. This course explores the use of Envoy Proxy and Istio to take control of network access.
- Monitoring Systems and Services with Prometheus (LFS241) – Prometheus is a monitoring system and time series database that is especially well suited for monitoring dynamic cloud environments. This course walks through installation and deployment, many of its major features, best practices, and use cases.
- Cloud Native Logging with Fluentd (LFS242) – Known as the “unified logging layer”, Fluentd provides fast and efficient log transformation and enrichment, as well as aggregation and forwarding. This course is designed to introduce you to a technical background to the Fluentd log forwarding and aggregation tool for use in Cloud Native Logging.
- Managing Kubernetes Applications with Helm (LFS244) – Deploying complex and interrelated microservices can be challenging. The course explains how to use Helm to package, install, and verify Kubernetes components in a production cluster.
The following benefits are included with both Bootcamps:
- Daily, Live Instructor Office Hours
- Access to a Dedicated Mentor
- Dedicated Discussion Forum
- And More…
Bootcamps are regularly $999 but currently discounted to $499 with coupon code BOOTCAMP21.
Keep in mind that standard pricing on both the bundles and bootcamps will be increasing on July 1, so by enrolling now you’re saving even more.
Visit the promotion page for more information and to start your journey to a new cloud career!