Since 2016, CNCF has offered more than 1,000 diversity scholarships to traditionally underrepresented and/or marginalized groups in the technology and/or open source communities—including, but not limited to persons identifying as LGBTQ, women, persons of color, and/or persons with disabilities—to attend KubeCon + CloudNativeCon events.
For the Nov. 17-20 KubeCon + CloudNativeCon NA 2020 Virtual as well as the CNCF-hosted co-located events Cloud Native Security Day and ServiceMeshCon, we are expanding the scholarship program to include:
- Diversity scholarship: Support to those from traditionally underrepresented and/or marginalized groups in the technology and/or open source communities who may not otherwise have the opportunity to attend CNCF events for financial reasons.
- Need-based scholarship: Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s support for active community members who are not being assisted or sponsored by a company or organization, and are unable to attend for financial reasons.
If you are interested in either scholarship, please apply by November 1!
- Application for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon NA 2020 Virtual
- Application for Cloud Native Security Day
- Application for ServiceMeshCon
Scholarships have made a huge impact on both the recipients and the community. “KubeCon has given me exposure to limitless opportunities, leading to my personal as well as professional development. The overall experience was a great inspiration, and I am excited to put these ideas into action,” wrote Surbhi Aggarwal, a 2019 scholarship recipient. Read more about past recipients’ experiences on the CNCF blog, and check out these community Tweets!