CNCF Staff Blog
KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019 was our largest event to date with record-breaking registrations, attendance, sponsorships, and co-located events. With nearly 12,000 attendees, this year’s event in San Diego saw a 49% increase in attendance over last year’s event in Seattle. Sixty-five percent of attendees were first-timers.
We’ve published KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019 conference transparency report.
- The conference had 11,891 registrations, a 49% increase over last year.
- 65% were first-time KubeCon + CloudNativeCon attendees.
- Attendees came from 67 countries across 6 continents.
- More than 55% of attendees participated in one or more of the 34 co-located events.
- Feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive, with an overall average rating of 4.2 out 5.
- We received 1,801 submissions – a new record for our North American event – and 2,128 potential speakers submitted to the CFP.
- The three-day conference offered 366 sessions.
- Of the keynote speakers, 58% identified as men, and 42% as women or non-binary/other genders.
- CNCF offered travel support to 115 diversity scholarship applicants, leveraging $177,500 in available funds.
- 2,631 companies participated in KubeCon + CloudNativeCon, of them were 1,809 End User companies.
- Keynote sessions garnered 3,804 live stream views.
- The event generated more than 15,000 articles, blog posts, and press releases.
Save the Dates for 2020!
After a massive 2019, we’re looking forward to bigger and better KubeCon + CloudNativeCon events in 2020.
We hope to see you at one of or all of these upcoming events!