KubeCon + CloudNativeCon + Open Source Summit China 2019 was a great success with record-breaking registrations, attendance, sponsorships, and co-located events for CNCF’s second annual conference in China. With 3,500 registrations, attendance for this year’s event was up by 1,000. China is the second largest contributor of code to Kubernetes and more than 10% of CNCF members are from China, including 16% of platinum members and 35% of gold members. China also makes up a crucial part of the CNCF and Kubernetes vendor ecosystem, containing 26% of Certified Kubernetes vendors, 19% of Kubernetes Certified Service Providers, and 32% of Kubernetes Training Partners.
We’ve published the KubeCon + CloudNativeCon + Open Source Summit China 2019 conference transparency report.
- Of the 3,500 attendees, 60% were first-time KubeCon attendees.
- Attendees came from 43 countries across five continents; the majority of attendees (83%) were from China.
- The conference also welcomed 42 sponsors, 9 community partners, and 14 co-located events.
- 50% of attendees came from companies with 3,000 employees or more, indicating significant enterprise interest in the event.
- 54 media and analysts attended the event, including 13 English-speakers, generating more than 393 clips of compelling event news.
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon + Open Source Summit China 2019 received 937 CFP submissions; the acceptance rate was 20%.
- The combined three-day conference included 29 keynotes, 177 breakout sessions, 38 Maintainer Track sessions, and 8 lightning talks.
- More than 160 people that were unable to attend in person registered to view the keynote live stream.