Nominations open today for the third-annual CNCF Community Awards – sponsored by VMware – honoring those who have made the greatest impact over the last year in the cloud native space. Within our fast-growing project communities, there’s an incredible amount of talent, hard work and commitment worthy of recognition.
So, if you know a deserving ambassador, maintainer and/or advocate working hard to advance cloud native innovation + serve the community, check out the forms below to nominate them through this year’s awards:
- CNCF Top Ambassador: A champion for the cloud native space, this individual helps spread awareness of the CNCF (and its incubated projects). The CNCF Ambassador leverages multiple platforms, both online as well as speaking engagements, driving interest and excitement around the project.
- CNCF Top Committer: This will recognize excellence in technical contributions to CNCF and its projects. The CNCF Top Committer has made key commits to projects and, more importantly, contributes in a way that benefits the project neutrally as a whole.
- Chop Wood/Carry Water Award: This is given to a community member who helps behind the scenes, dedicating countless hours of their time to open source projects + completing often thankless tasks for the ecosystem’s benefit. The winner of this award will be chosen by the TOC and CNCF Staff.
Previous winners of the Community Awards include Sarah Novotny, Kelsey Hightower, Dawn Chen, Clayton Coleman, Fabian Reinartz & many more!
The award process is simple – nominations (open from October 8-29) will be collected through the above survey forms + shared across the CNCF official mailing lists.
Voting (open from November 1-15) will be performed using the CIVS tool, using emails from the CNCF database for the following groups:
- CNCF Ambassadors are eligible to vote for the Top Ambassador
- CNCF Maintainers are eligible to vote for the Top Committer