Gearing up for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Seattle? The inaugural EnvoyCon – taking place on December 10 in Seattle as part of the KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Community Events Day – JUST published a jam packed speaker line-up!
The program features either 30 minute sessions or 10 minute lightning talks, with experience levels from beginner to expert + is primarily composed of end user stories along with a great set of technical deep dives. Some of the talks not-to-miss include:
- Lightning Talk: Discovering the Discovery Services – Brook Shelley, Turbine Labs
- Envoy at Square – Snow Petteren, Square, Inc.
- Running Envoy at the Edge – Derek Argueta, Pinterest
- How to DDOS yourself with Envoy (and other tales of migration horror) – Ben Plotnick, Yelp + John Billings, Yelp
- Lightning Talk: Debugging microservices applications with Envoy + Squash – Idit Levine, Solo.io
- Bridging the gap between on-prem and cloud: a story about Envoy + a hybrid boundary – Tristan J Blease, Groupon + Michael Chang, Groupon
Matt Klein, lead Envoy maintainer and software engineer at Lyft, is “beyond excited for the first EnvoyCon. The Envoy community went above and beyond in submitting an amazing number of outstanding proposals. I think attendees are going to have a fantastic day and I can’t wait until December!”
Don’t just take our word for it, check out some of the community buzz around Envoy’s first event:
Starting to see folks tweet about their talk acceptance notifications to #EnvoyCon.
I was on the program committee and it was hands down one of the *best* program committees I’ve been on (and I’ve been on quite a few).
— Cindy Sridharan (@copyconstruct) September 28, 2018
— Cynthia Thomas (@_techcet_) September 29, 2018
My talk proposal for #EnvoyCon has been accepted! I’m really excited to share our almost one year production experience with @EnvoyProxy based service mesh. This talk should be helpful and meaningful for audiences, so I’ll do my best.
— Taiki Ono (@taiki45) September 28, 2018
— brook shelley (@brookshelley) September 28, 2018
EnvoyCon will be the first conference focused on the booming #serviceproxy / #servicemesh space + dedicated to bringing together Envoy end users and system integrators – don’t miss your chance to join the fun, register today!*
* Pre-registration is required. To register for EnvoyCon, add it on during your KubeCon + CloudNativeCon registration.